Amusement permit (Northern Ireland)

Business: Licences

    You need an amusement permit to operate gaming machines in Northern Ireland

    You must have an amusement permit if you want to operate gaming machines in your premises.

    You must contact your local council to apply for an amusement permit.


    You must be 21 years old or older, and you must have lived in Northern Ireland for at least 1 year before applying for this permit.

    You must display the details of the permit including the licence holder’s address on the front of the machine.

    You might have to register to pay machine game duty for any gaming machines on your premises.


    You must not allow gaming machines to be used in licensed bingo clubs on Sundays, Christmas Day or Good Friday.