You need a licence from the Home Office to possess or sell drug precursor chemicals
You must get a licence from the Home Office if you possess or sell drug precursor chemicals.
The Home Office will consider your competence and integrity when they decide if you can have a licence or not.
Fines and penalties
Your licence could be revoked or suspended if:
- the Home Office believes you no longer meet the competency and integrity criteria
- you have failed to follow licence conditions
You could be fined or imprisoned, or both if you:
- possess or sell scheduled substances without a licence
- possess or sell scheduled substances without being registered
- don’t appoint a responsible officer
- don’t follow any documentation, labelling, or notification requirements