Report a business to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) if they’re selling tobacco or alcohol without paying the full UK Excise Duty.
Report tobacco and alcohol fraud using the Customs Hotline form or by telephone.
Customs 24 hour hotline
0800 595 000
For your own safety you shouldn’t
- try to find out more about the fraud
- let anyone know you’re making a report
- encourage anyone to commit a crime so you can get more information
What is tobacco products or alcohol duty fraud
A business might be selling tobacco products or alcohol that hasn’t had the UK duty paid on them.
For example, they might be:
- buying products overseas and then smuggling them into the UK
- shipping UK products to another country without paying duty and then smuggling them back in
- making fake or inferior products
Report someone to HMRC if you think they’re selling tobacco products or alcohol without paying UK duty