Reporting your tax code as wrong

    Tell HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) if your tax code is wrong. You’ll need your National Insurance number and your PAYE reference – you can find these on your payslip.

    Tell HMRC your tax code is wrong at the HMRC website. You’ll need your PAYE coding notice.

    You can also telephone HMRC.

    HMRC Income Tax enquiries
    Telephone: 0300 200 3300
    Textphone: 0300 200 3319
    Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm
    Saturday, 8am to 4pm
    Find out about call charges

    You can also write to HMRC.

    HM Revenue and Customs

    Pay As You Earn

    PO Box 1970


    L75 1WX