You can apply to get your company restored if it was struck off the register and dissolved by the Registrar of Companies.
You can apply for administrative restoration if either:
- you were a director or shareholder
- the company was trading until it was struck off the register
- you didn’t voluntarily apply to have your company struck off
If not, you’ll have to apply for a court order to have the company restored.
Apply for administrative restoration
You’ll need to send the following to Companies House:
- form RT01 – Application for administrative restoration (PDF, 325KB)
- a cheque for £100, payable to ‘Companies House’
- any outstanding documents, eg late filing penalties, annual returns etc
- if your company had assets, a waiver letter from the body representing the Crown
Call Companies House if you need advice.
0303 1234 500
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 6pm
What happens next
The Registrar of Companies will decide whether to restore the company. If they refuse, you may be able to:
- apply for a court order to have it restored
- get a discretionary grant (if you were a shareholder)
Restore a company to the Company Register – administrative restoration, deadlines, fees and forms