The Business and IP Centre, Hull – don’t start without it!Build the confidence and skills to create a successful business through one to one sessions, workshops, webinars, and online resources.
Business and IP Centre Hull provides specialist business information and resources for anyone thinking about self-employment, setting up, or growing a business. Trained staff can offer practical support to help you develop, protect and grow your business ideas and knowledge.
As a member of PATLIB UK and the national network of Business and IP Centres we also have access to a large network of skills and resources. Use our resources, tools, expertise and contacts to guide you through:
- Research of your initial idea
- Reaching new customers
- Checking out competitors & suppliers
- Checking whether your IP (Intellectual Property) is protected – copyright, trademarks, designs, patents
- Understanding your tax, insurance & licensing requirements
Access the service at Hull Central Library or through any Hull library, as all our libraries are Enterprise Hubs. Working with the ENRG2project (Enterprising Neighbourhood Renewal & Growth) we offer:
- One to one business information and support
- Workshops to help you decide if self-employment is for you, or growing and developing your business
- Access to specialist business resources and statistical information
- Information on funding opportunities and business planning
- Signposting to the relevant agencies for additional support
- Space to work and meet with others
The following online resources are available:
- Avention – Information on over 30 million public and private companies.
- Cobra – Business factsheets and job profiles
- Mintel – Market research and reports covering a range of industries and sectors
- British Standards Online – An online standards library giving access to 90,000 standards
- Mintuk – Businesses searchable by criteria such as size location and industry sector
- Intellectual Property Office – Information about protecting your invention, creation and products.
Staff are on hand to help you use these online tools if required.
Whatever stage your business is at these resources will prove very useful to you and are well worth a visit to explore what is available.
Contact: T +44 (0)1482 223344
- Support Type Business Expertise and Advice
- Support Categories Starting a business, Grow and Sustain, and Research and Development
- Number of EmployeesUnder 10 and Up to 249