Aims to back early stage innovative or technology based ventures which have the potential to become beacon companies for Yorkshire.
The Seedcorn Fund aims to back early stage innovative or technology based ventures which have the potential to become ‘beacon companies’ for the region.
The fund fills a gap in the local finance market for ventures that are often seen as too risky for mainstream providers or which require more hands-on support from a specialist investor.
Clients will be companies that are based on new and innovative technology with ideas that have strong potential and once in the market, are capable of rapid growth and returns of many multiples of their original investment.
The fund can provide investment up to £780,000 over the lifetime of those companies that show the most commercial potential. We also provide specialist support to those growing businesses in return for a share of the eventual returns.
We can help your business if you are:
- pre-revenue, start up or early stage technology business
- based on strong and unique technological or ‘know-how’ content that will be usually be protectable by a patent or copyright
- probably beyond the research stage
- have potential for rapid growth and returns of many multiples of the original investment
- based in or have significant activity in Yorkshire
We will invest in the proposals we believe have:
- the chance to create a valuable defensible position in a major market, whether that defensibility will be provided by future patents, proprietary software, customer lock-in or contractual relationships
- an ambitious, enthusiastic and capable founder(s), who understands the problems that their offering can solve
- where the company has the potential to be achieve a strategic exit to a major company looking to acquire the defensible market position in 3 to 4 years.
Once an enquiry form has been sent, an investment manager will be in touch to discuss your application and to help you complete the application form.
They will also inform you of the additional information required to support your application such as a business plan and historic accounts and forecasts where applicable.