Humber Local Enterprise Partnership’s Growing the Humber programme is a £4m Local Growth Fund grant scheme to help grow businesses in the Humber area. Grants of between £5,000 and £500,000 are offered.
The aim of the Humber Lep’s Growing the Humber programme is to help grow the economy which has been disadvantaged through the impact of job losses within both the public and private sector. The prime objective of the programme is to achieve substantial job creation by incentivising investment in existing business. The grants are available to unlock projects that have the potential for job creation and can quickly deliver tangible economic outcomes, through additional investment.
The key priorities will be to support the expansion, rationalisation, modernisation and diversification of businesses already located in the Humber area, and to encourage inward investment to the area.
To be eligible for funding, businesses must be:
- Legally constituted
- A micro, small or medium enterprise
- Located in or locating to the Humber area
- A financially viable business that has been trading for at least 12 months
- A business with a geographically broad (beyond the Humber area) customer and competitor base
- Not operating in an EC restricted sector
Grants will be awarded as a percentage of total eligible project costs. The remaining funding must come from a non- public source. Grants are paid in arrears against evidence of spend.
Grant funded projects must create at least 1 Full time equivalent job for every £15,000 grant award.
- Support Type Grants
- Support Categories Grow and Sustain, Developing new products or services, Research and Development, Employment and Skills, and Energy and the Environment
- Scheme Funded By Government funding
- Regions:East Riding, Hull, North East Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire