The grant is funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) to support the cost of working with an external expert/coach of your choice to implement a pre-agreed improvement project.
The Manufacturing Growth Programme (MGP) supports SME Manufacturers to make improvements by identifying, understanding and removing their barriers to growth
Support tailored to your business:
- A dedicated, experienced, Manufacturing Growth Manager to provide on-going support
- A comprehensive business diagnostic tool, GROWTHmapper for manufacturers
- Identify opportunities and create plans for growth and improvement
- Work with the best external experts to implement those plans
- Using an average 35% of the cost of implementing an improvement project
- Connect to wider support to maximise opportunities for growth
What MGP means for Manufacturing SMEs
If you are an SME manufacturer, the Manufacturing Growth programme provides many advantages for you, including:
- An independent business review to identify opportunities for business improvement and growth
- A diagnostic tool specifically designed to help benchmark your business against internal aspiration and goals
- A detailed action plan guiding you through the process of improving your business
- On-going business support with a trusted and experienced Manufacturing Growth Manager
- Access to grants to co-fund your improvement project
- Guidance to access other support mechanisms and manufacturing themed workshops available from Summer 2019
How you can benefit
By joining the Manufacturing Support Programme, you can benefit from:
- Insight into the risks, issues, gaps and opportunities for your business, helping you better plan for the future
- Understanding of what needs to be done to make improvements
- Work with new expertise to make bring about real development
- Trusted relationship with an experienced MGM
- Reduced cost, helping you make the changes you need sooner
Percentage of project cost
33.4% grant contribution. Grant values are specific to each business application. Maximum project value of £10,000 with a minimum grant value of £1,000. Capital grants are available and will be considered for exceptional cases (subject to panel approval).
Any eligibility criteria
To apply you must be:
- an SME as defined by the EU definition. This means your company or group of companies must have:
- Fewer than 250 employees
- A turnover less than or equal to €50 million OR
- A balance sheet total less than or equal to €43 million
- A manufacturer, defined as:
“A business that engages in any economic activity directly related to a product or production process they have researched, designed or produced, or otherwise hold core intellectual property in.”
If you are unsure if you meet this definition, please get in touch with your local MGM.
Businesses operating mainly in the following sectors are unfortunately not eligible:
- Fishery and aquaculture
- Primary production, processing and marketing of agricultural products
- Coal, steel and shipbuilding
- Synthetic fibres
To be suitable for the Manufacturing Growth Programme you must be able to demonstrate an intention to grow/improve. This may be through the creation of increased turnover, increased jobs, improved productivity and/or the introduction of a new product, service or process.
Any required delivery targets / outcome required
Grant supported improvement projects must be completed, paid and claimed for within 4 months of grant confirmation.
SME beneficiaries are at liberty to select any consultant/coach of their choice provided they can evidence adherence to EU procurement rules requiring them to invite a quotation for the work and justify value for money in their selection.
Who provides the grant?
Economic Growth Solutions, part of Oxford Innovation Services
To find out more please follow this link – www.manufacturinggrowthprogramme.co.uk
Tel: 01664 501301
or contact your local Manufacturing Growth Manager.
- Support Type Finance (any), Grants, and Business Expertise and Advice
- Support Categories Grow and Sustain, Developing new products or services, Research and Development, and Employment and Skills
- Regions:East Riding, Hull, North East Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire