Organiser: Humber LEP Growth Hub
Event Type: Workshop
In an increasingly litigious society, it is crucial for SME managers to understand the basics of employment law and identify the potential problem-areas of managing staff. Delivered by Tracy Petersen of Cut-to-the-Chase, this half-day workshop will help you learn how to manage with compliance. It will equip you with the tools to make an informed decision on the best way forward through a range of topical but challenging employment scenarios.
Broken into bite-sized chunks this workshop will cover:
- Avoiding discrimination claims – pre, post and during employment
- Statutory rights of employees – separating the fact from the fiction
- What to do if you receive a grievance
- Understanding the disciplinary and dismissal process (and associated risks)
- Identifying potential tribunal claims and how to avoid them
- Managing problem employees – misconduct, poor performance and ill-health
SME attendees need to be registered as eligible for our ERDF Funded Business Growth Scheme Workshops so please check Your Event Eligibility process below.
Should you have any questions then please contact the #GrowMySMEProgramme team on 01482 485274.
Your Event Eligibility:
Business Growth Scheme workshops are FREE to attend for SMEs who are both eligible & registered with the #GrowMySME Programme. 98% of businesses in the Humber region are SMEs, and so it is highly likely that your business will be eligible to access The Programme and attend our workshops.
An eligible SME is one that, at a minimum, must:
- Be trading in the Humber area – Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire, North East Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire
• Have less than 250 full time (or equivalent) employees
• Have a turnover of less than €50m or a balance sheet of less than €43m
– For businesses that are yet to register with the #GrowMySME Programme, you will be contacted to fill in an Expression of Interest Form (EOI). This will determine your initial eligibility for the scheme. Once initial eligibility has been determined, you will be contacted by your local #GrowMySME business advisor to complete your registration to The Programme either over the phone or in a 1-2-1 meeting with you at your convenience. A member of our programme team will then be able to confirm your event booking.
– For businesses that have previously registered with the #GrowMySME Programme, our team will confirm your event booking within 2 working days, and we look forward to seeing you at the event.
NB – Please note that your business only needs to be eligibility checked and registered once to access all parts of the #GrowMySME Programme up to September 2021.
Please note that we can only accommodate one delegate per SME at any one workshop or master class.
Should you have any questions then please contact the #GrowMySMEProgramme team on 01482 485275.
There are 2 upcoming dates for this event.