University of Lincoln
At the University of Lincoln, we are employer-led and informed, sharing our experience and expertise to support businesses to drive forward the innovation agenda, helping to solve industry challenges of all shapes and sizes.
We have been recognised for our pioneering approach to business engagement through a series of national awards, including a Lord Stafford Award and a Times Higher Education Award, and are proud of our innovative partnerships with a diverse range of organisations.
- Regions: North East Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire
- Address University of Lincoln, Brayford Pool, Lincoln, LN6 7TS LN6 7TS
- Telephone 01522 837200
- Website View website
Organisation: University of Lincoln
The Innovation Programme for Greater Lincolnshire, delivered by the University of Lincoln, is designed to enable SMEs to advance and develop their innovation ambitions through a programme of grant funding, events, CPD and business support. Collaboration with the academic capacity of the University will deliver technical knowledge and expertise, and a dedicated internship programme will provide businesses with graduate level skills.
A tailored package of support will result in higher levels of productivity and investment as well as collaborative engagement, leading to new products, processes and services and creating and exploiting new markets.
- Business sectors:
National Centre for Food Manufacturing
Organisation: University of Lincoln
Services to the Food Industry
Business Support and Consultancy Services
Aside from its range of academic programmes, the Holbeach based National Centre for Food Manufacture (NCFM) also offers employers:
- New Product Development Resources
- Sensory Science Courses (including employee quality assessment taste screening and IFST approved sensory evaluation courses)
- Consultancy (including food production, process design and food quality/safety skills)
- Research Programmes
- Product Testing and Analysis Services
The NCFM has a strong track record of working with the food industry sector in the development and delivery of training courses and the provision of food business support services. Alongside the Higher Education and Further Education Courses delivered both onsite and in the workplace, the NCFM also has extensive facilities and expertise which are available to the wide ranging food and drink sector from ‘Field to Fork’.
NCFM Technical Services include:
- Sensory Evaluation Training including the IFST approved 1-day sensory evaluation course and employee quality assessment screening
- New Product Development support, including assess to an experienced NPD technologist and NPD kitchen resources
- Sales Support: Guidance on Consumer Research, Product Benchmarking and Market Analysis
Research and Technical Consultancy
The staff at NCFM have a wide range of industry-based experience across a variety of food sector specialisms. The team is also available to support applications and projects in regional, national and international research and development. Please call if you think that we may be of assistance in any way.
Alongside our technical expertise, we are also able to offer business advice and consultancy. The range of support available is broad and is aimed at any size of organisation. In some circumstances financial support can be attracted to support the consultancy process.
General Business Advisory Expertise
- Small business start up and growth support – including guidance legislative standards
- Business Training Needs Evaluation and Reporting
- Design and implementation of Training and Development policies/strategies
- Staff Resourcing and Recruitment Advice
Technical Business Advisory service
- Coaching or mentoring of technical and quality staff
- Quality Assurance policy and practice
- Business technical risk assessment
- Crisis management and product recall documentation
- Development support (including project management support)
- Food safety advice
- Working with regulatory bodies – Trading Standards, Environmental Health and FSA
- Raw material and end product assessment support
- HACCP system development and review
- Audit preparation support
- Product verification and validation
- Food packaging design and “fit for purpose” systems review support
Operations and Infrastructure Advice
- Factory building plans
- Machinery/production process design and implementation support
- Process automation
- Lean manufacturing techniques
For an initial discussion of the range of services available please contact:
Sharon Green, Deputy Head (Apprenticeships and Business Partnerships)
Tel: 01406 493000