VisitEngland’s helps tourism businesses to grow, with free resources, advice and toolkits.
The Site includes practical information on what to do when starting up, employing staff, how to be legally compliant and where to find local support. Become ‘internationally ready’ with the new Inbound Tourism Toolkit or improve your online presence using the Digital Marketing Toolkit.
On the website you can…
- Learn how to get international-ready and reach overseas markets effectively
- Get top tips on digital marketing
- Understand your legal obligations as an accommodation business
- Find local support specific to your area
- Explore case studies of real-life businesses
Topics currently covered are:
- Start your business – The key target markets in your destination, guidance on the practicalities of setting up a new business and where to get help from mentors.
- Find funding – Funding options for your business and guidance on managing finances more effectively to maximise your profit margins.
- Know your legal obligations – On what grounds you can refuse a booking, what licences you need to provide TVs and how to comply with health & safety regulations. You can also buy a printed copy of the popular Pink Book: legislation for tourist accommodation.
- Understand health and safety- Your legal responsibilities, how to run a safe business and create a Fire Risk Assessment using a free online tool.
- Make your business accessible – Guidance, tools and resources to help you provide access for all – and gain a share of a £12 billion market. You can also create an Accessibility Guide for your businesses using a free online tool.
- Make your business sustainable – How to save money, reduce your impact and win more customers with practical sustainability tips and case studies.
- Employ and manage staff – Step-by-step guides to finding and employing staff, guidance on managing employees and information on apprenticeships.
- Find training – Training courses for you and your staff on customer service, digital skills and inclusion.
- Get quality assessed – How to get an official star rating or accreditation for your business from the national tourist board.
- Enter the Awards for Excellence – How to apply for one of the highest accolades in English tourism – the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence.
- Market your business – VisitEngland/VisitBritain marketing opportunities, our Digital Marketing Toolkit and best practice communication guides.
- Attract international visitors – Guidance to help your business get ‘international ready’, including extensive research on overseas markets and our Inbound Tourism Toolkit.
- Find local support – An online tool that tells you who your local Destination Organisation (local tourist board) an Growth Hubs are.
- Regions: East Riding, Hull, North East Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire
- Website View website